Monday, June 4, 2012

Purse Essentials.

Purse Essentials

I just returned home from five days in my hometown of Kenmore, Washington. I was there for my 21st birthday. Though I saw few friends - it's finals week at the University of Washington - I did spend some quality time with my family and I showed my boyfriend all my favorite places in the greater Seattle area.
My brothers got me the J.Crew Tillary Purse for my birthday and I am beyond happy with it. It's the perfect size but still loaded with three pockets and it converts easily from a cross-body to a clutch. I'm in love.
To me, having your purse filled with only the essentials it key. I don't like to be weighed down with extra hand creams or  Here's my mental checklist of the only things I actually need to have.
Moleskine notebook - you never know when you'll need to jot something down
Pen - for jotting
Stud Earrings - They take up little space and are the easiest way to suddenly look put together
Wallet - duh! I pack light here too - ID, cards, cash, the end
Keys - again...duh.
Gum - mostly for sharing with others (easy way to bond with someone, weird, right?)
Phone - I don't have an iPhone, but if I did, I would have a case like this.
MAC lipstick - I wear Viva Glam 1.
Ray Bans - I've had mine since 2006. They go anywhere, with anything and bring lots of compliments. I'll never own another type of sunglasses.