Friday, May 18, 2012

T.GIF: LBD Edition

It's Friday! You made it to the best part of the week. As a special reward, here's a .gif. Because T.G.I.F. or T.gif. Get it? Hardy har har.

Here is my latest purchase. It comes via J.Crew. I saw this Crossover Dress as it was being picked off the Sale page at an alarming rate a few weeks ago. I desperately wanted it and got on chat with the nicest J.Crew lady who measured an actual dress for me and everything, but with just extra extra smalls left it just wasn't going to work.

Alas, last Saturday morning I checked again and there it was...this time in a Small. I bought it and compulsively watched the UPS tracking on it until it was handed over to me just minutes ago.

I thought it would be the perfect almost-formal dress for the summer and beyond. Jewelry and heels to dress it up, a belt and sandals to dress it down - you get it. But now I'm thinking about returning it. The waist is a little higher than I thought it would be and the hem is a little lower. Despite the fact that I do love jersey and the faux wrap, I'm afraid that it looks a little mom-y on me, especially since it's black.

I think I'll wait until the BF comes home to see what he thinks. He's always on mom-alert. Just kidding...I don't even know what that means.